Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vaccinated

The irony isn't lost on me that I work in the health care industry but don't have health insurance. Truth is, I've only ever had health insurance for three out of the last ten years. A combination of diet, exercise, luck and the lack of enthusiasm for extreme sports has done me well so far. Anytime I need something done or looked at, it's an out of pocket expense.  Including my pending vaccinations. To get them done in Berlin it would be anywhere from 300 to 500 Euros. Their healthcare is universal, but not for tourists trying to get vaccinations on their way to another country (curses!). Travel insurance might cover it, but that still requires further research and a post of its own. As for the free health care clinics in NYC, some vaccines are gratis, some are not, all require a 5 hour wait in line. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment