Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting it all together

Bill proposed to me in Barcelona over a year ago in August of 2009. The first words out of my mouth were "Is this a joke?" Which I keep having to reassure him that I meant that in the most loving way possible. Getting engaged was one thing, but actually planning a wedding was never a priority so we literally did nothing about it until 6 weeks ago. We also were in the middle of moving and planning a vaca to Mexico and partying and stuff like that. Looking at it now I'm glad we decided to wait and do nothing because I feel like we have a better, more precise idea of what is important to us. I actually hate weddings. I detest them. I pretty much hate everything about them, from the bridezillas, to the ugly bridesmaid dresses, the idea of bridesmaids in general (forcing your friends to fawn and slave over you leading up to your "big day") tickity tack decorations, the cheesy dj, spending what could be the down payment on a house on one day of your life (no house anywhere in NYC but maybe in the midwest somewhere), the list goes on and on and on.... so we cemented some ground rules- we are adhering to a strict budget, no wedding party, we demand lots of drunk dancing, and no one is invited. Its nothing personal but we wanted something intimate and that means most extended family and people we don't talk to on a routine basis are out. Our guest list is 76 people, that's it. So if you are invited you better feel special and come :) So in the 6 weeks since we started we have checked these things off our list:
- Reception place booked
- Ceremony space is picked out
- Hair, make up and photographer are booked (Thanks Hilary and Peter!!!)
- Officiant is booked (Thanks KB!!)
- Flower/decoration situation is under control (Thanks to my many Gays!!!)
- Special ceremony reading is booked (Thanks Carolina!!)

I'll keep updating as we go. We would really like to incorporate our friends as much as possible into the ceremony and festivities so if you have any ideas please let us know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment